Gluten and Dairy Free Corn Dogs
These are amazing! Not sure what else I need to say about these. One of the best gluten and dairy free comfort foods that I have imitated. I honestly don’t notice a difference and I prefer these to the frozen store bought kind now.
I officially got the mother of the year award for making these. My kids love them and I don’t feel bad feeding these to my kids. They are really easy to make as well.
Here we go for the goods on these delicious bundles of joy.
I have a coarse corn meal and so I put it in my coffee grinder to make it a little finer of a meal.
Mix all your dry ingredients and then whisk in with a fork the egg and milk till well combined. I put my batter in a gravy maker/ measuring cup
You need to dry off your hot dogs with a paper towel. This is very important because otherwise your hot dogs won’t stick to the batter. If you have trouble getting your batter to stick to your hot dogs you can roll the hot dogs in tapioca starch before you dip them. I didn’t have a problem getting the batter to stick without the tapioca but I tried it anyway.
Here is your amazing finished product
If your getting really ambitious and want to get the mother of the year award you will make mini corn dogs. These are so stinking cute and so yummy.
Just cut your hot dogs into 1″ slices and drop them in your batter. I used my fingers for this and just transferred them to the fryer.
So Cute! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup Potato Starch Flour
- ½ cup Brown Rice Flour
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Almond or Rice Milk
- Heat your deep fat fryer to 400 degrees.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together with a fork. Mix in your egg and milk. Your batter is ready to go. Take a hot dog and dry it off with a paper towel. You don't want it wet at all. Put a stick through the bottom about ¾ of the way through the hot dog. I use lollipop sticks since I have them laying around for cake stuff.
- Dip your hot dog into your batter. I put my batter in a tall gravy mixer/ liquid measuring cup. Transfer immediately to your deep fat fryer for about 3-5 minutes till golden brown. Repeat until all your hot dogs are gone about 6 hot dogs for this batter.
- If you want mini corn dogs you can cut your hot dogs in small chunks and throw them in your batter an drip off excess and throw in deep fat fryer for about 2-3 minutes. Making mini corn dogs you will get roughly 24 pieces.