These pancakes are super yummy and let me just say with some REAL maple syrup and bacon pieces sprinkled on top these are sure to make your pickiest eater happy.
I am always on the hunt for new and different breakfast ideas since most breakfast foods are so gluten based with waffles, pancakes, scones, muffins, etc sometimes you get limited.
Sift together all your dry ingredients: flours, baking powder and brown sugar
Now you are ready to add your wet ingredients: start by adding your eggs, butter and then vanilla.
Stir a little to combine and then slowly add in your almond milk mixture. Do not over stir but make sure everything is well combined.
Now you are ready to put these lovely things on the griddle.
I always add butter on one side after I flip them while the other side is finishing cooking. This is something my mother has done ALWAYS and it just sort of caught on.
Now drizzle some REAL maple syrup over these babies and if you like add some bacon pieces (my daughter loved this).
- ⅓c. brown rice flour
- ⅓c. tapioca flour
- ⅓c. potato starch flour
- ⅓c. amaranth flour (not necessary, you can divide this up into the other 3 previous flours)
- 1½tsp. baking powder
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 lg. eggs (you can try an egg replacer or a chia egg)
- 4Tbsp. melted butter or Earth Balance
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1c. almond milk + ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Sift together all your dry ingredients: flours, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Now add your eggs, butter and then vanilla.
- Stir a little to combine and then slowly add in your almond milk mixture. Do not over stir but make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour onto griddle to desired pancake size. Cook on each side for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and bacon pieces.